As usual, before you can follow this guide, please take note that :
- There are many variants of the Galaxy Nexus and each has a slightly different way of rooting and a different update path to Jelly Bean depending on which version and build of Android 4.0.x you’re on.
- You will void your warranty after rooting your device and Phonehour.com will not be held responsible for any damage incurred to your device as a result of following this guide. Follow at your own risk.
Step 1: Unlock bootloader of and root your Galaxy Nexus. Additionally, flash ClockworkMod Recovery.
Step 2: Go to Settings > About on your Galaxy Nexus and note the Android version and build number.
Now, with that information in hand and knowing whether your GSM Galaxy Nexus is a yakju or takju variant*, go the following thread over on [XDA-Developers] forum and download the appropriate .zip file to update to Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (Build: JRO03C).
Step 3: Transfer the .zip file to the root of the /sdcard directory on your Galaxy Nexus.
Step 4: Now reboot into ClockworkMod (CWM) Recovery.
Step 5: Take a nandroid backup.
Step 6: Choose install zip from sdcard > choose zip from sdcard > [file you downloaded in Step 2]. This will flash the Jelly Bean update on your Galaxy Nexus.
Step 7: Once flashing process is complete, select reboot system now from CWM’s main menu.
your Galaxy Nexus will now boot into Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean (Build: JRO03C) if you’re followed this guide correctly. And if not, you can always head to the XDA-Developers forum. [here]
Incoming search terms:
- how to install android 4 1 1 jelly bean on galaxy nexus manually
- install jellybean on htc glacier without rooting
- manual install galaxy nexus jelly bean